"ThePastIsOnlyTheFutureWithTheLightsOn"

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Talking 'Bout My Location...

This is another rant of a post, but it's something that has annoyed me for a long, long time, and something that really annoyed me yesterday.

When bands announce they are doing UK tours they really need to start remembering that the "UK" is not just England, if that's the case then please just announce an English tour and stop getting my fucking hopes up!

So many times I've seen bands announce tours, got excited and then realised they are not coming to Scotland. And I'm sure this is something that Welsh and Irish fans experience as well. It's time consuming and expensive enough as it is going to gigs when (generally) the only Scottish date is Glasgow, that already involves three hours on a mega bus (never a fun experience, especially with the post gig hangover the next morning) and a hotel overnight (which has left me staying in some pretty questionable hotels and hostels over the years).

Tying to get to England for a gig would be a nightmare, and I'm not suggesting that bands should travel as far North as Aberdeen (although the AECC was good enough for Motorhead a few years back, just saying) it would be enough for them to just come anywhere in Scotland. It really pisses me off that just cause I live here I can't make it to gigs, and it isolates fans that don't have the money to travel that far, or are two young to be allowed to go on their own.

Luckily for me age has never been an issue, with my dad sharing my music taste he's always been more than happy to take me to Glasgow in my younger teenage years, and I've always been grateful for that. Thanks to him I've had the opportunity to see bands that otherwise I could only dream of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment