"ThePastIsOnlyTheFutureWithTheLightsOn"

Wednesday 12 March 2014

The Sanity That's Driving Me Insane

Uni has taken over my life. Literally. I am currently surrounded my notes, scraps of paper, text books and stationary. I've finally in fourth year discovered the easiness of colour coding notes. Kinda late now. And with the 12,000 word dissertation, presentation, lit review, essay and film analysis I have due in the coming weeks of course I'm having daily breakdowns.

At the moment its only 8.30pm and I can barely stay awake, between working, the stress of uni work and the noise the god damn seagulls outside my window have been making on a nightly basis at 3am I've hardly slept for a long time. I keep bribing myself into getting on with work, you know half an hour more and I get a brownie (fucking up all of my healthy eating plans) but of course I burnt the brownies, as in a broke a fork trying to figure if they were totally inedible burnt. I give up on baking, just like I feel like giving up with life right now, or crying. Crying always helps.

Which brings me to the actual point of this post. The five films that make me cry the most. And trust me it was hard to narrow it down to just five of them. I cry at films a lot, fuck it I even cry at Hollyoaks. Sad films totally break me.


  1. Number one on the list is also one of my favourites, Remember Me. Not only can you stare at a beautiful, non-vampirey Robert Pattinson, they story is actually really good. I don't want to give away any spoilers but the ending. Holy shit, it comes out of no where. And its heartbreaking. If you haven't seen it before you need to.
  2. Next, The Lion King. Mufasa.
  3. Number three, every girls (secret?) favourite, The Notebook. Cause if you don't cry at least once in this film you have no heart or soul. 
  4. Anything with Leo Dicaprio in it, cause you know he dies in just about every film he's in. And it's not fair, he's way to beautiful to keep on dying. And it's really about time he got an Oscar for it. Just saying.
  5. The Impossible. I've only watched it once, I couldn't bring myself to watch it again. It's like Marley and Me, where you don't watch the end cause you know what's happening, but through the whole damn film. My dad actually cracked a joke about being surprised there was no flooding from how much crying I was doing. Bad idea watching it in the cinema before going for a meal. Panda eyes!
And now I'm going to find a film to cry my eyes out at, and try to get an early night before the seagulls start up again. If anyone has any suggestions for good crying films feel free to recommend them? And hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to concentrate more on my coursework. 

No comments:

Post a Comment