"ThePastIsOnlyTheFutureWithTheLightsOn"

Friday 14 March 2014

Am I A Failure....?

After my last post I watched The Vow, another total weepy film. I cried most of the way through it, and unfortunately I still feel emotionally broken. So round two tonight. [Spoiler Alert here] Also, if I woke up in hospital after a coma and Channing Tatum told me we were married I really don't think I would question it. 

Today has been another total failure of a day. I've been trying to do coursework for most of it, but I've been struggling to stay focused. It's been hard going, and I've got to the point now where I give up. I've also given up on my healthy eating by ordering a take away and ice cream. Because really eating junk food and finding another emotional film on Netflix should make me feel better?

The one positive from my day is that I've discovered a new band. Save The Reckless is an Edinburgh band with their debut EP, Sink or Swim released last year. When listening to The Pretty Reckless earlier Spotify started playing one of their songs, "The Nose Ring Doesn't Make You Pretty," and I had to hear more. I've now been listening to "What're You Hiding From" on repeat all day. It is definitely one of my new favourites. Everyone should go check them out.

On a final note, if anyone wants to be so kind as to take five minutes to fill out my survey for my dissertation I would be very very grateful! Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment