"ThePastIsOnlyTheFutureWithTheLightsOn"

Wednesday 26 February 2014

These Are My Obsessions...

Pretty much all of my posts lately have been about music, and while I am obsessed with it, that's not the only thing. So here's my top 5 obsessions (excluding music).


  1. Spiderman. One of the few cartoons from my childhood I'd quite happily sit and watch again, I fucking love Spiderman. The Toby Maguire films not so much, at the time I loved them, but after the recent remake there is no comparison. Plus, Andrew Garfield is so much hotter. Being in Florida for my 21st it felt appropriate to go meet Spiderman and get a photo with him, and of course just the photo wasn't enough, so I paid a stupid amount of money to get the big comic book cover version to put on my wall. Cause that's normal right? 

  2. Another one from the childhood, The Lion King. I know pretty much every word to the film(s). And I cry every single time Mufasa dies, and every time I hope that he'll open his eyes. Sad and pathetic maybe, but I don't care. I love it. And Hakuna Mutata has clearly influenced my life, since I tend to say no worries at least 10 times a day. A previous post from months ago, "What's My Age Again?" goes more into detail about The Lion King and why it kicks ass so much, and it's technically educational...
  3. Meerkats. I blame Compare the Market and their halarious talking meerkat adverts. If you don't know what I'm talking about then where have you been hiding for the last few years? There are so many of them, this one being one of my favourites. Simples. 
  4. Shopping is another one. I just can't help myself, if I can spend an entire week without shopping it's an achievement. Whether it's going to actual shops where I generally spend most of my money in Primark (I'm a student, it's cheep, and I change my mind on what clothes I actually like way too often to spend more money on them) or online, where I normally spend the rest of my money on CD's on Amazon. I can't fit all my clothes in my wardrobe, I have no where put all my CD's and the same goes with DVD's.  I think I may need some kind of shopping rehab. Or someone to make me save. Then I might be able to afford things like all the tattoos I want to get, gig's I want to go to, or maybe a holiday that isn't the cheapest option we could find!
  5. Tattoos. I love them. Currently I have three of them, and I'm planning on booking the next one soon. And then the three others I've already decided on after that... Obsessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment