"ThePastIsOnlyTheFutureWithTheLightsOn"

Friday 28 March 2014

So Much To Do, So Little Time

Once again it's taken me a while to blog, but unfortunately I have so much coursework to do and my work is still pretty crazy. But I only have one month left of uni, which is really scary. Time to make some big decisions, namely if my sanity can cope with actually doing my masters. Terrifying times ahead. On the plus side, when uni is finished I will (hopefully) have more time to blog, and more time to check out new music. Which is also a plus side. And working full time means I can afford to buy even more CD's, to add to my collection sitting on my bed room floor, maybe time to invest in another CD rack...

Another new band I've discovered from Twitter, A New Day, a pop rock band from Essex. Listening to them for the first time the other day I was reminded a bit of Simple Plan, a little bit of Bowling For Soup and a little bit Death Cab for Cutie, although more upbeat. I can really see them as the type of band that would be featured at the Bait Shop in The OC. And the video for Faith In Me is brilliant, I love that it's like watching a TV. Check it out

Face The Ocean is another band I'v been listening to. They have a more chilled out sound to them, perfect for coursework background music, or a lazy hangover day. They kind of sound a bit like Dirty Pretty Things at times, a little bit like All American Rejects, and a bit like something I can't put my finger on just now. Having just finished a UK tour the band announced of their Facebook yesterday they are taking a short break but have some big announcements coming soon. Can't wait! Check them out on Spotify or YouTube!

Now it's time for me to go back to drinking too much coffee so I can stay awake at work tonight.
If anyone wants to fine follow me on twitter find it here. And again if anyone can fill out my dissertation survey I will love you forever! Thanks :)

1 comment: