"ThePastIsOnlyTheFutureWithTheLightsOn"

Saturday 1 February 2014

It Has To Change

I really wish I had something even slightly exciting to write about right now, but unfortunately I don't. With the exception of another crazy staff night out on Tuesday (which to be honest, my memories of are not entirely whole) all I have done this week is worked. It's been a long one and it still isn't over yet. And as much as I wish I could just chill out on my day off tomorrow I have a packed schedule. Coffee with the girls from work to say a sad goodbye to Sylwia before she leaves for Zante in the afternoon, a trip to Peterhead to catch up with friends, some that I haven't seen in months, then the last bus back to Aberdeen for work on Sunday morning. 

Monday bring's the first day of the last semester of my final year at uni. It's such a scary thought that I graduate this year, that means that now is the time I have to start making all those decisions that I keep telling myself I have loads of time for. But I don't. Anyone that wants to tell me what I'm doing with my life, please feel free?

I want to travel, I want to go see so many bands, I want to experience new things, and most of all I want to get away from Aberdeen. I love Scotland but Aberdeen is such a depressing place to be in, if you don't want to go into the oil or hospitality industry then you might as well forget it up here. And everything is so grey. I want excitement. The one plus right now, a quiz on Buzzfeed (the biggest distraction from uni work ever!) did say the career I should actually be in is writing... Suppose that could be seen as a good sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment