"ThePastIsOnlyTheFutureWithTheLightsOn"

Friday 24 January 2014

Not Listening

I properly sliced my middle finger open at work tonight, among everything else that has happened this week. Disaster doesn't even come close. So if I'm full of typos here I apologise but it's kinda hard to type with a plaster on. :( 

So I got my dissertation proposal back a couple days ago, and it really wasn't what I expected. It's not the worst that could have happened, and I've still passed but I've been feeling really disappointed in myself. But I've lost all motivation in myself, but hopefully a good talk with my dissertation supervisor will sort me out and get me back on the right track.

But when I have this lack of motivation and feel down on myself I have my always trusty fail safe, my music addiction. I can't function without music, I can't imagine a life without. You know like when people say they don't really like music, or that they don't have favourites, to me that's like saying you don't really breathe. 

My number on song when I need to get my ass in gear is always Papa Roach, "Not Listening." It gives me the motivation I need when I've got a 1pm deadline and its 3am and I'm rewriting my coursework 'cause I've decided that it's shit, or when I'v had a stressful day at work and I really just want to sleep but I need to do some coursework first. "Am I a failure if I've got nothing to lose? No I'm not a failure, I've got something to prove." 

'Cause really we are always trying to prove something in life, whether to ourselves, or to the rest of the world, but we need something to help us get there. For me it's music, for other's it could be anything. 

Stay tuned for my next post, the top ten motivational songs on my playlist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment