"ThePastIsOnlyTheFutureWithTheLightsOn"

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Always Changing

So yesterday I read on the BBC news app that they want to change the classifications. So a first will be split to A+, A and A-, and so on. Which yeah in theory is great but what happens with all the older degrees that have already just been given a first etc? 

It's like when they scrapped Standard Grades, like right after I did them. It was a great feeling sitting in Higher Art to be told that they now thought SG's were "useless" cause too many people were passing and getting good grades leaving them irrelevant. Yeah thanks, I loved spending two years working on them for nothing. Thanks guys!

Although I think my art teacher may have been exaggerating to piss me off. She hated me. And banned one of the other teachers from talking to me cause I was "too easily distracted." And i probably part of the reason, along with women's magazine and size zero celebrities, that I constantly worry about getting fat. 

We were doing our design projects for coursework and she kept telling me the models I was drawing were "too fat" and that "STYLISH IS SKINNY." She got a bit hysterical about that part and kept saying it over and over, going on about how she gave up on being stylish cause she wasn't thin enough. 

Which is probably not the best thing to be saying to a class full of 16 year girls. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment