"ThePastIsOnlyTheFutureWithTheLightsOn"

Tuesday 27 October 2015

We're Making a Comeback...

Or at least trying to anyway. And what better way to make a comeback than to post about bands who've made comebacks...

Bullet For My Valentine

2015 has been a roller coaster year for Bullet. Original bassist Jay James left, being replaced with Jamie Mathias (vocals/guitar for Revoker). August saw the release of fifth studio album 'Venom,' followed by the on going European tour. Venom is not so much of a reinvention of the band, more of a evolved return to the beginning. It's safe to say that Bullet is back. 

While critics slammed previous album 'Temper Temper' I personally don't see the problem they have with it. Fair enough it is far from being their best work, but it's not completely shit. 'Venom' has taken them back to the highest level though, reaching number 3 in the UK charts making it their highest (Poison - 21, Scream, Aim, Fire - 5, Fever - 5 and Temper Temper - 11) chart position. The aforementioned tour was epic. Gone are the arean venues previously sold out by Bullet, in favour of smaller (and often neglected) venues. I was in attendence at the Aberdeen Music Hall gig, and it was amazing. And can we please take a moment to appreciate how hot Matt Tuck has got?

Venom is out now via RCA.
Bullet For My Valentine is currently touring Europe and will be hitting the US next year.
EP 'Live From Kingston' is available free now on GooglePlay.


Aiden

Anyone that has read my blog before (and if you haven't I feel like you should) will know I love Aiden, and I love William Control. For those who haven't (most of the population), I love Aiden and William Control.... Now that we've cleared that one up, let's talk about Aiden. With the exception of front man Wil Francis (William Control) all the original members have left. Jake Wombold in 2008, Jake Davidson in 2011, Angel Ibarra in 2012 and finally Nick Wiggins at some point during Aiden's hiatus. In 2013 Aiden finally announced a final album. So really, not only is this a comeback for the band, it is the final farewell. Wil Francis auctioned off various band memorabilia to fund the project (yes I bought something..) and is making the album available for free to download. A limited run of pysical cd's was released, which is no longer available (again yes I pre-ordered this....). As of right now the new line up is touring the US, aptly titled 'The Last Sunrise Tour,' which fingers crossed will be hitting the UK sometime soon. I've already told my gig buddy that we are going, regardless of whether he wants to or not.....

Download 'Aiden' from October 30th 2015.
Also, follow Wil Francis on Twitter and Instagram, 'cause his post are great. And gives an amazing insight and behind the scenes of his music. And just 'cause he's amazing and hot as hell...

Escape The Fate

I am aware it has only been two years since ETF's last album, but I feel like with Ungrateful coming out on Friday, and a post about comebacks they deserve a wee mention. They have made the ultimate comeback, from Ronnie Radke being locked up, they came back as strong as ever with a new vocalist. Again, I'm aware I've posted about this before, read the whole story here, and I feel like the line up changes is going to be an on going saga for the band. But at least they've buried the hatchet with Radke and his band Falling In Reverse. You never know, they might just say fuck it and all join together for a huge super group one day. Stranger things have happened.... Anyone listened to Hollywood Vampires yet?!

Hate Me is released on the 30th October 2015 via Eleven Seven Records. (I'm eagerly awaiting my pre-ordered copy. Yes I am that person.)
Ahead of the release date the full album is available to stream from Kerrang!'s website right now (I'm resisting temptation and waiting for the CD, cause I am that person.)
Escape The Fate are touring Europe at the start of next year. (So Fucking Excited!)


No comments:

Post a Comment