"ThePastIsOnlyTheFutureWithTheLightsOn"

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Cause They Don't Even Know You

As I've said before, Nikki Sixx gave one of the most inspiring speeches I've ever heard. And I've been trying to write this post for days. It's easy to write about the love you have for a band or whatever, but it is so hard to write about real feelings.

Nikki Sixx is a true inspiration to me, and what he said on tour is something that will stay with me forever. It comes down to 

As I said in my previous post, Nikki Sixx gave an inspiring speech on the final tour, one that I can't forget about. I've watched the video of it over and over again on YouTube. But really what Sixx is saying is don't let the bastards get you down. Don't let anyone stop you from doing what you want to do.

And it could not have came at a better time in my life. Right now I'm trying to do a masters, and I'm fucking up. I feel like shit every day, and it's the same feeling I had the first time I was at uni, when I dropped out. I felt like this at college, I felt like this in my undergrad. It's fucking killer. I feel like i can't do this, I'm not good enough, that everyone is more intelligent than I am. And the only thing that has kept me going is that I can't disappoint my parents, especially now 'cause their paying and I can't deal with their failure, and music.

Music, and the artists that inspire me keep me going. I listen to certain songs to get through coursework. Certain songs get me up in the morning, they keep me going. 'Cause right now I don't feel ok. I feel like shit. And drinking and music is what's keeping me going.

Sixx AM is on constant repeat in my life, 'cause their songs inspire me to keep going. But what Nikki Sixx said in Manchester is something I needed to here. There is only so far music can go, but inspiring words from your hero can make all the difference. So thank you Nikki. Thank you so fucking much. You will never know how much it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment