"ThePastIsOnlyTheFutureWithTheLightsOn"

Sunday 11 May 2014

I Won't Be Ignored

This is something that I came across on Twitter the other day. And it's so true. Now I'm not saying I know everything about all the members of the bands I listen to, in fact some bands I don't even know any of their names. To be it's about the music that's being put out there, not who's in the band. Although a pretty face (or hot body, lots of tattoos, cool hair, whatever....) to look at does help.

The amount of people who can give every detail of the vocalist or front man/woman but doesn't know the names of the rest of the band, or what they look like, is in my opinion not a fan. I will admit, there are 'bands' I have posters of, that is really just the front man... But a half naked Ville Valo is really hot and I (did) need some motivation to get through my uni work or what ever else I'm doing. But at the same time, I know he's been to rehab, is friends with Bam Margera (who is also hot) and that's about it. I don't really know the names of the other band members, and I don't pretend otherwise. Although I have no idea how to even pronounce these so that could have something to do with it. 

This isn't just the fans though, the media buys into it too. Rarely will there be an interview with or feature on a band member who isn't the front man/woman without the rest of the band present, unless they've been involved in a scandal. It tends to be all or front. Although when looking at the 'legends' from the past, they are all as in the spot light as each other. That could just be because they all have so many stories to share though. Thing that you or I could never even imagine. Seriously, Nikki Sixx's autobiography (another slight obsession of mine, and he's still pretty hot for his age) is full of things that are so crazy they could be made up.

Another band I know absolutely nothing about, Through Colour. Another Twitter find, and another brilliant band. Broken is a new favourite song. The first like 10 seconds of All Singing All Dancing Baby! did however, make me think my Spotify had gone back to playing adverts. But after I got over my confusion (easily done) it's another great song, and another one starting to become a favourite (that list is endless, so I don't know if it's really favourites any more..) And you never know, I might even one day (probably soon) learn their names...

If anyone has anything to share please do. (I like to argue/talk shit...) And if anyone feels like reading the very pointless and random stuff I post on Twitter find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment