"ThePastIsOnlyTheFutureWithTheLightsOn"

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Rock 'N' Roll Music Is The True Religion - Top 10 Bands Part 2

The second half of my top ten bands.
  1. Motley Crue - I'm waiting (very impatiently) for the announcement of the UK dates of their farewell tour, something that I will not miss. As some of my friends will tell you I'm determined I will see Motley Crue before its impossible to do so, even if I have to travel further than Glasgow and go on my own, I'll be there. Celebrating their 30th anniversary last month Motley Crue are an example that good bands will last. I can't see it being 30 years down the line and people still being excited for half the music that is released today. There just not made like they used to be any more.
  2. The Subways - The Subways are another band that are (according again to Twitter) finishing up a new album, so another one I'm excited for this year. And we all know with a new album comes a tour to promote it, and this time I will see them. I caught the end of Rock & Roll Queen when they were supporting AC/DC in 2009 (it wasn't my fault we were late, I blame my Dad for that one!). 
  3. Seether - Seether are a relatively new discovery of mine, despite having been around since 1999 (although named Saron Gas until 2002) thanks to Spotify and their constant suggestion of new bands. The influence Nirvana and Kurt Cobain had on vocalist Shaun Morgan can be heard in their music, a couple of their songs I actually thought could have been Nirvana covers. And their cover of Careless Whisper actually makes the song sound good!
  4. Motorhead - A top ten list could never be complete without Motorhead, total legends in their own right. Between Lemmy's musical talents and debauched lifestyle he is a living legend. From controversial comments like people who play the bass are failed guitarists (which is ironic since he tried and failed at playing guitar) and his reported drinking habits, if you don't know who he is go hang your head in shame then Google it. Although he has gave up his daily litre of JD for the sake of his health. His distinctive gravely voice  and Ace of Spades had become a trademark for the band. Tomorrow would have been the 5th or 6th time I'd of seen them (I lost count) but the tour was cancelled to allow Lemmy to recuperate more from his recent health problems, so get well soon Lemmy, and instead I will play the songs as loud as my laptop will let me and pretend it's live.
  5. I couldn't pick a final band. I have too many favourites to decided between and it was just too hard. I would probably drive myself insane trying to finish it, and that isn't something I want to do. I can just picture myself pulling a Shining on Lisa (my flatmate) and attacking her door with an axe shouting "Here's Johnny!" Although I would probably use a cultural reference I actually knew, like "Give me your tears gypsy" or "YOLO." So heads up Lisa, when I start saying YOLO....

No comments:

Post a Comment