"ThePastIsOnlyTheFutureWithTheLightsOn"

Sunday 6 October 2013

Game Over

So I never posted anything yesterday, so I've already lost the bet. But after a long hard day at work I got home at 2am and could barley keep my eyes open. Shit happens. But it really was a bad day, then today was just shit too. Today I managed to trip over a chair (I think, to be honest one minute I was walking then I was on the floor) and face plant the ground while carrying a tray of drinks to a table. Oops. And I hit my knee pretty hard on the floor too so I spent the last three hours of my shift limping about work in pain. And it still hurts now :(. There is nothing worse than falling in the middle of a full restaurant, when everyone goes quiet and just stares at you. Awkward.

It's been a busy week between working and uni but tomorrow is a new day. And hopefully it'll be a better week, where I might actually get up with my alarm going off and not when I realise I have like 10 minutes to get ready to get to uni on time.

This week I've been trying to read a Mills and Boon romance novel, for my Women and the Media lecture. To say it's painful to read is an understatement. The woman in it is pathetic. Like she put up with her husband cheating on her for 3 years, divorced him and has sworn off ever being with another man. Like even sex or casual dating or anything. But still desperately wants a baby. Because that's all women want right?

It's just another pathetic female lead in the entertainment industry. But that is another story, and another rant that I will probably have tomorrow. Now it's time for an early night to catch up on some of the sleep I've missed out on this week, and hopefully I can get up for uni in time tomorrow. Or not ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm willing to let yesterday's lack of post slide because I feel sorry for you busting up your knee :(

    ReplyDelete